MAUSER P.38 World War II “byf/44” Code 9x19mm C&R Pistol Wehrmacht Sidearm
Third Reich Semi-Auto Designed to Replace the Luger P.08
Here we present a World War 2 German Mauser P.38 Pistol, made circa 1944 in Oberndorf, Germany. The P.38 was designed by Walther to replace the Luger P.08 as the standard service weapon for the Third Reich’s Wermacht. The Luger was a ground-breaking design, but quite expensive to produce. The P38 doubled down on that and was the first locking breech pistol to feature the double/single action firing mechanism with a decocking safety lever, a prelude to many modern pistols to come. It also features a loaded chamber indicator that is both visible and tactile, extending out of the top rear of the slide, just above the hammer. The falling block locking mechanism was also carried into future pistol designs. Many of these design features are found in the Beretta 92 or U.S. M9 pistols.
This P38 features the WaffenAmt “Eagle/WaA135” marked on the right side of the slide, and left side of the frame above the trigger. The standard Mauser P38 markings “P.38” and “byf/44” are located on the left side of the slide.
The overall condition is fine. Original blue finish. The action is robust all around. The bore is bright in very good shape. All visible numbers match on this example. Both grips are seated firmly with minimal handling wear. Here is a classic piece of WWII history for the collection!
This firearm is classified as a Curio & Relic.
Barrel is 4-3/4 inches.
Caliber: 9x19mm (Luger, Parabellum)
Overall condition as seen in photos.
Very Fast. Very Safe. FREE SHIPPING. Will need to be sent to your local FFL or C&R licensee. This firearm is classified as a Curio & Relic.
Guaranteed AUTHENTIC & Includes CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY.